Friday, September 19, 2008

Pear Crisp


Pear Crisp....
....yes this is my Apple Crisp recipe, but the pears
worked great in this recipe!


Ingredients:

4 cups sliced peeled Pears
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/3 cup cold butter or margarine
Vanilla ice cream (optional, but highly recommended!)


Cooking Directions:

Place apples in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. In a bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon and allspice; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apples. Bake at 375 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm with ice cream if desired.
Yield: 4 servings

3 comments:

CarJax said...

Oh yeah! That's what I'm talking about. I'll be making this Sunday. Thanks for the recipe!

{darlene} said...

mmmmmmmm. LOVE Fall recipes. This one looks great!

Christine said...

This is pretty good with just about any fruit. And it is so easy...my kind of dessert! I actually double the topping part, put it into a zip lock bag in the freezer and it is right there to sprinkle on top of the next fruit to be used in this dessert.